Re: Removing ARCNET stuffs

   Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:39:12 +0100 (BST)
   From: Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost>

   >Support for several legacy protocols was removed in recent years. I
   >fear that our networking stack is becoming more and more IP and
   >Ethernet centric.

   It isn't as bad as the Linux stack yet but I would also like to see a
   variety of protocols in the tree. Even if they don't always work I
   have found it useful to be able to look at other ways of doing stuff.

   I have been doing a bit of work on cleaning up some old Chaosnet and
   CAN code recently.

Diversity is great, but only if it is exercised.  It would be
worthwhile if someone with knowledge of these protocols could make
automatic tests with rump that everyone can run, without needing
hardware.  See, e.g., shmif(4) for ethernet in rump.