Re: Removing ARCNET stuffs

On Thu, 28 May 2015 11:57:11 +0900
Ryota Ozaki <ozaki-r%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> > As far as I can see Arcnet is only used by the Amiga bah(4) driver.
> > Isn't it possible to keep it somehow, as an MP-safe network stack would
> > be irrelevant for the Amiga platform?
>
> We could keep it with some pain, but we cannot keep it working if there is
> really no user. (I'm not sure if it works or not even now.) Is it still
> worthwhile?

I will not insist in keeping it when there is pain to do so. And you may
be right that there is no user, but this is valid for a lot of platforms
and drivers.

> Anyway I don't proceed this attempt ignoring your request.
> I wish there were actual users though...

Maybe we can wait for a few days to give more potential users the chance
to read these messages on the port-amiga list?

In the meantime I will talk with other Amiga users if anybody owns such
a board. Probably is@ still got one, as he was working on the driver many
years ago.

When nothing happens and nobody is able to test it, we can remove the code.

--
Frank Wille