Re: pppd's defaultroute option

I want to point out that in IPv4, on many platforms, that in order to install
the default route through the ppp device, you'd need to the equivalent of:

    route add -net default 1.2.3.4

where 1.2.3.4 was the IP address of the remote end of the PPP connnection,
which because it could change in general, you need pppd to do this for you.

Of course, in *BSD (since >=4.3, I think), on Linux since the 2.0-ish kernel,
one can do instead:
    route add -interface -net default ppp0

(although I'm not sure if that is the exact syntax, and I've no way to test it)

In IPv6, you would essentially always do an interface route like this.
So it's hard to think of what "defaultroute6" would do for you, that having:

   #!/bin/sh
   route add -interface -net default $1

in /etc/ppp/ip-up won't do.

But, as you wish.