Re: struct ifnet and ifaddr handling [was: Re: Making global variables of if.c MPSAFE]

>> Otherwise (and even so), someone is likely to remove the kernel lock
>> without understanding the constraints and wind up with an interrupt
>> handler on cpu0 munging the ifnet list at the same time as a thread on
>> cpu1.
>>
>>    Anyway we should get rid of calling m_reclaim in hardware interrupt
>>    as rmind said.
>>
>> Sounds good to me!  Seems like the only actual user of it in-tree is
>> ieee1394if.
>
> Really? If so, we can get rid of it easier than I expected.
> I'm looking at it!

mallocs in the below two functions can be called from interrupt context.

fw_xfer_alloc http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/dev/ieee1394/firewire.c#811
fwohci_task_sid http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/dev/ieee1394/fwohci.c#2129

Can we use pool in these cases?

  ozaki-r