Re: removal of rtsol{d}

On 2014-09-08 11:46, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 11:24:30AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
rc.conf. Also, the static DAD sleep timings should be removed as dhcpcd
will
ensure DAD has completed before forking if a carrier is present (if no
carrier
then the static sleep is pointless anyway and dhcpcd will fork).

I run several machines that will require configuration changes to adapt,
but I wholeheartedly support the suggestion!

Yes, just enable dhcpcd and disable rtsold and/or rtsol if they are defined :)

I have some semi-static setups and no DHCPv6 anywhere - and the old scheme misses RAs every second boot and requires manual intervention. Using dhcpcd for those cases did not occur to me, but now I'll just wait for you to solve
it for me ,-)

Done as best I can, waiting review.

Roy