Re: Making global variables of if.c MPSAFE

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Hisashi T Fujinaka
<htodd%twofifty.com@localhost> wrote:
>  On 26 Jul, 2014, at 22:38 , Ryota Ozaki <ozaki-r%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> The global variables are read-mostly, so I replace the mutex with a
>> rwlock and use it for all. Unfortunately, ifnet_list may be accessed
>> from interrupt context (only read though) so that I add a spin mutex
>> for it; we hold the mutex when we modify ifnet_list as well as the
>> rwlock.
>

> This breaks BEAGLEBOARDXM, btw.

I'm sorry for the breakage. (Though the criminal is another patch of mine.)

Here is a patch: http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/ethersubr_bigpktpps_fix.diff
I'll commit it if it's appropriate.

Thanks for your report,
  ozaki-r