Re: Bridged ethernet with ipnat redirect to local port - getting ICMP redirects instead

I wrote:
Darren Reed wrote:
The attached patch should sort things out for you.

Sorry to report it doesn't, still getting those pesky redirects.

I'd like to bring up this issue one more time.

In the meantime, to be absolutely sure, I commented out the whole block
around "type = ICMP_REDIRECT;" in ip_input.c, did a clean build of the
whole kernel, checked uname that I am actually running that kernel and yet
I am still getting the very same ICMP redirects as before.

This leaves me with no clue at all what I might be doing wrong - or where
else those packets could be created.

Do you have any suggestions? Or do I have to accept that this might just
not be possible with NetBSD? (Which would feel very odd as all the
filtering I tried on the bridge worked perfectly fine, just not that
seemingly simple redirect.)

Thanks and best regards,
Tom