Re: Userland API for threaded programs to reload /etc/resolv.conf

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 12:23:58PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> This is not the job of the application. Our resolver handles this just fine.
> It uses a kqueue to register for file update events to /etc/resolv.conf,
> and updates itself internally when needed.

Cool, didn't know that - this is exactly what I described later, even more
cool that it already is in place.

> This will not work in a threaded environment and is a step backwards.

If it does not work, maybe we should add similar traps as for _res?

> If you just use getaddrinfo() and getnameinfo() on NetBSD everything
> will work just fine.

This is realy great - as the application in question now is forced (via
stupid autoconfig tricks) to believe that we have no res_ninit(), and all
the calls are #ifdef'd out.

So I'll just try to push some comments upstream explaining this and leave
everything as-is.

Is this documented in some man pages?

Martin