Emulated network?

   Let's say that I'd like to emulate a bad network (as in dropped
packets, reordering packets, bit errors in streams, etc), without having
to write those simulated bugs into the protocol handlers and/or
application -- what tools are available for this? I'm guessing that ALTQ
can add delays and such, but I'd like more than that.

   Is there something akin to
or for NetBSD (I found an old
thread where a dummynet port is mentioned, but I don't know what
happened after that)?