Emulated network?

Hello,

   Let's say that I'd like to emulate a bad network (as in dropped
packets, reordering packets, bit errors in streams, etc), without having
to write those simulated bugs into the protocol handlers and/or
application -- what tools are available for this? I'm guessing that ALTQ
can add delays and such, but I'd like more than that.

   Is there something akin to
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/netem
or http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/dummynet/ for NetBSD (I found an old
thread where a dummynet port is mentioned, but I don't know what
happened after that)?

   /Jan