Re: Static interface routes for IP address on different subnet doesn't send an ARP who-has

On Aug 23, 10:10am, Mouse wrote:
}
} >> It's a pointless waste to blow a /30 on a point-to-point link if you
} >> don't have to.  Supporting this is smart.
} > Then use a /31.  See RFC 3021
}
} Except, as I recall, this isn't about point-to-point links.  It's about
} a broadcast link where the next-hop address bears no particular
} relation to the local interface's address.

     True for the original poster.  Not so true for the person that
made the /30 comment, to which I responded.

}-- End of excerpt from Mouse