Re: Temporary IPv6 addresses vs. netgroups

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 09:57:17PM +1100, Darren Reed wrote:

> I wonder if focusing on addresses is the correct thing to do.
>
> Should we in fact be focusing on network interfaces instead?

No. At least that's a different problem.

We started talking about multiple addresses on the same LAN, some being
randomized and only intended for pseudonymous access to untrusted peers.

The desire is to have an application tell it doesn't want to use them;
think address-authorized lpr or nfs.

        -is