Re: VPN traffic leaks in IPv6/IPv4 dual-stack networks/hosts

Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 08:58:43AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 10:50:15AM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
But this is kind of moot: you have made your point perfectly clear: this is all someone else's problem.
Well, yes, it is hard to see the choice of some people to run dual-stack
hosts with single-stack firewalls as Darren's problem.

Darren has conveniently removed the part of my mail where I explained
what an OS can do to help.  Or why this has ended on the NetBSD lists in
the first place.

I fail to see why it is NetBSD's problem as surely whatever OpenVPN does for
IPv4 it should do for IPv6 and to the best of my knowledge, there are no special
hacks in NetBSD for OpenVPN doing IPv4 but I might be wrong.

Darren