Re: adding new descriptor format to the if_wm driver

Dear all,

The descriptors for the new version and the legacy version are pretty similar
in functionality, however the bit formats are rather different. Of course the
new descriptors bring in new features, however some of those are not needed if
we want a driver implementation that functions similarly to the current one.
Such features include splitting the header and the payload into separate
buffers, for example.

We should keep a single code base, since this is the only change between the
old cards and the new cards.

To Saitoh, the URL for my code is:
http://netbsd-soc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/netbsd-soc/kerntimestamp/

The only files that one needs to graft into the kernel source to test the new
descriptors are in sys/dev/pci/if_wm*. If you disable the WM_TIMESTAMPING flag,
the timestamping dependencies are removed and you can test just the new
descriptor code. So far I only have the header definitions for the descriptors,
but I will let you know when I have running code.

Regards,
Vlad