Re: Specifying names for tap interfaces

    Roger> Anything that we can control, like tap-%domid.%devid would be
    Roger> good though. It doesn't have to follow any specific
    Roger> nomenclature, but it will be good to be able to specify two
    Roger> integers, one that corresponds to the domain id, and another
    Roger> one that identifies the specific network card inside that
    Roger> domain.

But that, really, Admins hate having %domid in the device name because
it screws up useful things like SNMP/mrtg on those devices.

So the admin really wants to specify a consistent name in the XEN
configuration file... something which I think XEN does not yet support.

] mcr%sandelman.ottawa.on.ca@localhost http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/
|device driver[
                       then sign the petition.