Re: Retiring dhclient

On 24/11/2011 18:02, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
This isn't what I am talking about. Suspend/resume involves an explicit
IF_DOWN/IF_UP cycle, so it doesn't matter here. I am talking about
ifconfig $nic $option with option not including down. This should IMHO
not trigger a link state message, even if e.g. setting promisc mode,
changing MTU or multicast filters require a PHY reset.

Ah good.

So we can expect `ifconfig re0 mtu 1492; ifconfig re0 down; ifconfig re0 up` to change the MTU without affecting link state but the latter two calls straight afterwards do.

Thanks

Roy