Re: ipsec/l2tp/ppp

On 16/11/2011 11:12 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 07:11:43PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:
>>
>> tls%panix.com@localhost said:
>>> I assume you know it can do standard tunnel mode
>>
>> No I didn't know. Only found an ISAKMP2 option which we don't
>> have an IKE daemon for yet.
>> How would I enable/configure it on the W7 side?
>
> I'm going to have to find my notes from ages ago when I was at
> Reefedge.  Windows has been able to do standard tunnel mode since
> W2k SP3, but the configuration interface for one piece of it - the
> certificate provisioning - is hidden in the system management snap-ins
> somewhere.
>
> Maybe someone else knows?

There is only one place certificate management is done in Windows
and to start with, the easiest way to find it is through Internet
Explorer. Under "Internet Options", one of the tabs will have a
section called "Certificates". Follow the yellow brick road after
that. You may also find that saving files with .dem or .p7 (not
sure about the latter one), will also allow you to double click
and launch straight into the certificate management tool.

Darren