Re: Retiring dhclient

On Nov 16, 2011, at 12:10 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> I would like to retire dhclient before netbsd-6. I don't think it
> provides a functional advantage over dhcpcd. The reverse is not true.
> I want to collect TODO items for this to happen, mostly in the
> documentation section to deal with the changes.

Huh.   I too think that dhclient is desperately lacking in functionality, but
I'm curious to know why you think dhcpcd is a big improvement.   IMHO there
actually _isn't_ a good open source network configuration program, and the fact
that 'dhcpcd' has the acronym 'dhcp' in it tends to lead me to assume that it's
no exception.

Having said that, I would certainly like to see this problem solved, and if you
really think that dhcpcd is part of the path to solving it, I guess it sounds
like a good idea.