Re: ping: sendto: No buffer space available

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:56:48PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 07:22:18AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > And what you do see in dmesg?  20 torrents anad ~20 TCP connections each,
> > all with data, uses a vast number of mbuf clusters.
> >
> > If in -current the limit is high enough not to deny allocating those
> > clusters, then it seems likely you are running low on kernel memory in
> > general and perhaps hitting some untested error case.
>
> I don't think that's the problem. I'd been using re0 before without
> problems, they only appeared when I switched to wireless (ral and
> otus). Since switching back to re0, the problems have gone.
>
> So I think it's either a general issue with USB or (IMHO) more likely
> two problems with the ral and otus drivers.
>  Thomas

FWIW, I've seen the exact same ENOBUFS symptoms more than once
with the wm driver and a single torrent session using btpd
without setting any limit to the up- and downloadrate and
clients sucking most of the upload bandwith away.
kern.mbuf.nmbclusters = 16369 at the moment. Will try a larger
nmbclusters value and/or limiting the upload rate next time and
see what happens.

Onno