Re: ping: sendto: No buffer space available

On Oct 5, 2011, at 12:44 , Thomas Klausner wrote:

> When I start rtorrent with ~20 torrents and an effective traffic of a
> few 100KB/s, after a short while the machine falls off the net. When I
> do ping then, I see
> ping: sendto: No buffer space available

There is another place in our network code you can get ENOBUFS from,
unrelated to the number of kernel mbufs; see PR 7285
http://gnats.netbsd.org/7285

See also src/sys/net/if.{c,h} and IF_QFULL() macro.

We really, really need to have a separate errno for "network interface queue
full", ideally coordinated with our "sister" BSD's and ... Linux.

        Erik <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>