[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: GSoC 2011 project proposal [packet timestamping]
Great thanks for your attention & time!
I devised the following project deliverables to source tree:
1. Set of patches to src/sys/[kern,netinet]/
2. [Probably] tstamp_clk.c source file to src/sys/kern (?)
(timestamping clock API)
So my questions are:
1. Where (to what files in src/sys) should these changes go?
2. Also, what else should be mentioned in proposal?
(The proposal itself is here:
3. Is the following short description of proposal is clear?
>It is often needed for applications that receive data via UDP to store data
>with its reception time, or account packets arrival time as precisely as
>Right now NetBSD provides some basic packet timestamping which needs
>to be extended and implemented in NIC drivers.
>The idea if this project is to implement timestamping as a capability (like a
>If network driver doesn't support it timestamping will be done in if_input
>(with a small loss of accuracy).
Main Index |
Thread Index |