Re: stop ifnet ioctl (ab)use in the kernel, step 1

> The network protocols and some drivers use ioctls to manipulate ifnet
> flags, to add/delete multicast addresses, and to initialize ifaddrs.
> I'd like to stop that before I tackle some [other stuff].

What is the perceived need being addressed here?  Do you just find
if()_ioctl ugly compared to adding more function pointers to struct
ifnet?  Is the if_ioctl() way actually causing some trouble somewhere?
Something else?

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML