netconsole?

Trying my Seagate Dockstar, I wondered...

we don't have anything like Linux' netconsole?

(console output sent away via udp to configurable server UDP port
6666, console input received on same port, UDP over IPv4 sent with
a preconfigured MAC to work before ARP is set up. console output
(and input) can be handled by a (pair of) netcat process(es).

Unfortunately, I'd need to proxy install, or to open it and connect
a 3.3V serial adapter ... but see below.

        -is

U-Boot 2010.09 (Oct 23 2010 - 11:49:22)
Marvell-Dockstar/Pogoplug by Jeff Doozan
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
(Re)start USB...
1 bytes read
Found bootable drive os:Loading file "/boot/uImage" from usb device 0:1 (usbda1)
4143552 bytes read
** File not found /boot/uInitrd
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 00800000 ...
   Image Name:   NetBSD/sheevaplug 5.99.43
   Image Type:   ARM NetBSD Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    4143488 Bytes = 4 MiB
   Load Address: 00008000
   Entry Point:  00008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK
## Transferring control to NetBSD stage-2 loader (at address 00008000) ...