Hardware question: Intel 10/100 parts

  I have an i386 host that I'm looking to add an addition ethernet port to,
just for connection to a simply maintenance non-routed network.  I have both
82557 parts lying around, and some 82558B parts lying around.  Anyone know off
the top of their head if either of them have more/less issues, either in
hardware, or the NetBSD support for them?  IIRC, the 82557 doesn't handle
VLANs, which mattered to me many years ago, but the VLANd interface has long
ago moved to gigabit, so it won't matter at all for this part.

  Opinions or pointers or random information appreciated.  Thanks...

                       - Chris