squid proxy issue

Hi all,

We're experiencing this strange issue with squid on NetBSD (5.1 RC3). During busy hours we're seeing repeated error messages in squid's cache.log:

Failed to select source for 'http://...'
TCP connection to x.x.x.x/3128 failed
TCP connection to x.x.x.x/3128 failed
TCP connection to x.x.x.x/3128 failed

x.x.x.x is the upstream proxy as configured in squid.conf: cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 3128 0 no-query default name=x.x.x.x:3129

As a result, on client machine a user would see "Unable to forward this request at this time" message on their browser. This doesn't occur when network is less busy and we're seeing the same issue with different upstream proxies. Is there anything we could tweak on squid/NetBSD to overcome this or parent proxies are the one to blame here? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Regards,
Tuan