Re: why not remove AF_LOCAL sockets on last close?

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:59:18 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost> wrote:

> However, I wrote a small test program and realized that despite
> SO_REUSEADDR this doesn't work, and indeed after checking the kernel
> code SO_REUSEADDR is ignored in the AF_LOCAL unp_bind() code.

Out of curiosity, I modified the test to see if immediately unlinking
the socket node after bind(2) would leave it around until it's closed, a
feature which some software expect for files on certain OS/FS
combinations.

However, the socket node is immediately deleted at unlink(2) even if
it's still open and bound, so an application also shouldn't rely on
this.