[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Another update for axe(4)
> I still looking for some guidance on whether or not my changes or
> Fukaumi-san's changes (or neither?) should be committed?
Well, probably it's great to merge both changes ;-)
With a quick glance, these ones should be pulled from Fukaumi-san's one:
- more KNF cleanup (u_char -> uint8_t, no braces for return etc.)
(I don't like uWord though)
- make axe_init() return int to match our (*ifp->if_init)()
- change axe_stop() args to match our (*ifp->if_stop)()
- USETW()/UGETW() macro
- set ETHERCAP_VLAN_MTU
- callout_setfunc()/callout_schedule() rather than callout_reset()
- callout_destroy() is required on detach?
- one ether_ifdetach(ifp) is enough in axe_detach()
- it might be worth to try axe_start() in axe_tick_task()?
- IFQ_POLL() should be used to check TX mbuf and
IF_DEQUEUE() should be called after TX is actually ready in axe_start()
- probably needs callout_stop() (or axe_stop()?) in axe_init()
- AXE_RXCMD_MULTICAST in rxmode is required or not?
- AXE_RXCMD_PROMISC and AXE_RXCMD_BROADCAST should be set in axe_setmulti()?
- USBD_NO_COPY is better? (not sure if buffers are allocated by bus_dma(9))
- ioctl function is much simpler and seems correct (per other drivers)
- IFQ_IS_EMPTY() macro in axe_watchdog()
No idea for PHY/MII media options etc.
Main Index |
Thread Index |