RST not emitted on listen backlog full?

We've been doing some automated load testing and have noticed something
curious.  When the TCP SYN cache code can't create a new socket for an
incoming connection because the listen backlog is full (128 max) there is
a call to tcp_respond which seems intended to cause a RST, but we never
see the RST hit the wire.  We see no reason why and wonder if others have
noticed this (mis-)behavior.

This is with the netbsd-5 branch as of a couple of months ago.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
Coyote Point Systems, Inc.                      <tls%coyotepoint.com@localhost>