Re: detecting loss of access point (link status monitoring fix?)

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 01:58:38PM -0400, Eric Naud wrote:
> The change below uses the ieee80211_beacon_miss() function in a periodic
> callout to determine if two or more consecutive beacons were missed, if
> beacons were missed the driver state changes in order to initiate a
> scan.

It looks to me like the change may work a little differently than
you say: you indicate a beacon miss to net80211 every three seconds,
regardless of whether any beacon was missed.  If ic_bmiss_max is 2 (the
default), then on the first miss, net80211 sends a probe request to the
access point (iirc, a probe response resets the beacon-miss count), and
on the second miss, net80211 starts a scan.

Can ral(4) and rum(4) indicate a beacon miss with an interrupt?  Other
NICs can.

Dave