Re: gigE negotiation failure with wm0

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:01:23 +0900 (JST)
SAITOH Masanobu <masanobu%iij.ad.jp@localhost> wrote:

>  I've commit the fix for igphy and re-enabled it. Could you
> verify whether that bug have been fixed? I've verified that on
> ICH8 and ICH9.

Sorry to take so long to test this!

Unfortunately, I still see issues.  I suspend my T61 at home, on a
100Mb network, then resume at work, on a 1Gb network.  I see high
packet loss rates and all sorts of weird difficulties until I
"ifconfig wm0 down; ifconfig wm0 up", after which everything is
fine.

If I use ukphy instead of igphy, things just work.

Is there some debugging code I could activate to get more
information?  After having a good look at the em/e1000 code, I can
understand how crazy this stuff gets.  lspci claims that my device
is an Intel Corporation 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection
[8086:1049].

Thanks for all of your hard work,

Kevin
kml%patheticgeek.net@localhost