Re: tftp protocol

he%uninett.no@localhost (Havard Eidnes) writes:

>Actually...  I suspect that the BUGS statement is in actual fact
>wrong, if it implies that the protocol spec makes it impossible
>to transfer files larger than 32MiB using tftp with the default
>block size of 512 bytes.

From TCP/IP Illustrated:

15.2 What do you think happens when the TFTP block number wraps around from
65535 to 0? Does RFC 1350 say anything about this?

15.2 Unfortunately, the RFC says nothing about this block number wrap.
Implementations should be able to transfer files up through 33,553,920 bytes
(65535 x 512). Many implementations fail when the size of the file exceeds
16,776,704 (32767 x 512) since they incorrectly maintain the block number as a
signed 16-bit integer instead of an unsigned integer.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost