Re: ICMPv6 redirects

> I do understand why this is implemented this way.  But shouldn't this
> be tunable?

That depends on the extent to which you agree with the point of view
that the IPv6 design people know better than you do how your network
should be set up.  I've run into parallel issues myself often enough;
I've been told everything from I should always use prefixlen 64 to I
should never do static routing.

I prefer not to drink the koolaid.  I work on the "as if" principle: if
you can't tell from the outside whether I'm doing it, it's not
appropriate to gratuitously forbid it.

But, of course, I didn't write the code, and if I did write code that
implements that I, um, doubt it would be accepted, shall we say.

\ / Ribbon Campaign