Re: ip6_output failed: 65 ? (WAS: Re: Pfs tool and pfsync)

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 20:36 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Isn't this just EHOSTUNREACH (from sys/ernno.h) ?

Two quick ifconfig(8) notes from my testing today:

1) Never manually try to set carpdev on carp(4), it segfaults.  It
   sets the parent interface for you when you assign an IP, based on
   the subnet.

  # ifconfig carp123 carpdev pcn0
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

  I was just being thorough- following the output of ifconfig(8) -a
  and filling in each field respectively.

  I can file a PR an we can remote the "carpdev" text from the
  usage() output, or we can put a code check in place to ensure that
  the user doesn't set it

2) Never set flag 'tso4' on a VLAN interface -- it leads to a panic,
   at least on netbsd-5.  Some folks running -current on #NetBSD
   report a sanity check in ifconfig(8) preventing it.

   It could be the bge(4) on this old PowerEdge 850.  Its really
   sucky; go Dell!

   I'll get a KDB backtrace from the console and PR it.

~BAS