Re: IPV6 router works, but clients fail

On Thursday 02 July 2009 22:25:50 Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Roy Marples wrote:
> > As usual, my PF configuration to blame. I needed to clamp max-mss in
> > pppoe0 to 1432. It used to be 1452, which I recall was needed for my
> > wireless clients.
>
> What is the MTU on your PPPoE interface?

1492
However, you should be aware that the modem is a PPPoA -> PPPoE bridge, which
does affect the MTU.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/regional-london/2006/09/14/0000.html

So my situation is not that uncommon.

> Since this thread started -- I've begun to notice a plethora of problems
> with TCP v6 sockets.
>
> Someone on #NetBSD @ EFNet recently mentioned that pf(4), V6, and
> fragments were getting shredded/dropped.
>
> From the man page pf.conf(5) in -rHEAD:
>
>     "Currently, only IPv4 fragments are supported and IPv6 fragments are
>      blocked unconditionally."

Yes, that's not too great is it.
IPFilter suffers from this also, so there is little choice in BSD land right
now.

Thanks

Roy