diffserv altq.conf file

Hello

I want to know how the rules used for marking a packet are evaluated in the
altq.conf file. It is happening like in pf.conf file where the rules are
evaluated one by one until the last(if we are not using the quick word) and the
last matching rule is used? I want to build a configuration file( a big one)
for marking the TOS field from ip header because i want to compare diffserv
utilities from bsd kernel with other black box systems that are doing this task.

I am waiting a response or if i am not clear enough please tell me.

Best regards,

Bogdan

http://www.flickr.com/gift/