Re: multiple rx/tx rings and interrupt delivery on newer nics

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 3:05 PM, Darren Reed <darrenr%fastmail.net@localhost>
wrote:
> Allen Briggs wrote:

>> Different hardware has different kinds of packet classification
>> for incoming packets and probably different kinds of scheduling

M$ defined two standard classification of incoming packets.  Intel has
several extension (like use addr/port tuple for UDP packets) in their
pcie NICs, however, I don't think it will get widely deployed.  As
about the multi-tx queues, AFAIK, all NICs support multi-tx queue
provided some mechanism to make all TX queues use same priority.

--
Live Free or Die