Re: no ndis* at cardbus?

On May 29,  2:33am, Christos Zoulas wrote:
} In article <200902110344.n1B3iPrS022285%vtn1.victoria.tc.ca@localhost>,
} John Nemeth <jnemeth%victoria.tc.ca@localhost> wrote:
} >
} >     It's on my project list to do something about this.  Right now,
} >16-bit PC Card (commonly known as "PCMCIA") is broken.  And, as you
} >note, CardBus is fragile.
}
} Right now all 16 bit pcmcia cards that I have are broken. I think this
} should be fixed before 5.0 is released.

     Hmm...  I wasn't really planning on doing anything with this until
after 5.0.  It could easily take me a couple months or more to digest
PC Card, NetBSD's implementation, and to figure out what is up and fix
it.  It's starting to sound like there are enough issues that 5.0 could
potentially be pushed back into the beta stage.  I suspect that releng
wants 5.0 out the door in less then two months, so this isn't good.

     I should also dig out my old laptop hard drive.  Since my network
connections (wired and wireless) are via 16-bit PC Card and CardBus,
this would mean that upgrading would put my laptop completely out of
commission which I can't have.  Unfortunately I moved recently and have
no idea where the hard drive is.  Given the small size of a laptop hard
drive, it could be almost anywhere.

}-- End of excerpt from Christos Zoulas