Re: Adding a parameter to net80211_input?

Quentin Garnier wrote:
On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 09:39:31AM -0500, David Young wrote:
On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:52:45AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
Hi,

I've been working on importing support for RALink 2860 devices from
OpenBSD, because that's the WLAN chip the EeeBox has.

Like wi(4), this chip is able to do encryption and decryption in the
hardware.  Like wi(4), it has the issue that the net80211 layer isn't
too keen on the idea.
Actually, the net80211 layer *is* keen on the idea.  Maybe it appears
otherwise.  Can you say more about that?

Do you remember the workaround wi(4) has to use not to see F_DROPUNENC
kill all frames?

You called it grotty in the first place :)
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2007/11/26/0005.html

I guess the problem is that just like for wi, the crypto headers are
lost.

How has OpenBSD dealt with WEP?

They pass a parameter to ieee80211_input.

FreeBSD defines an M_WEP flag to tag mbufs that have been decrypted (and the WEP header removed) but still have the WEP bit set in the 802.11 header (IEEE80211_FC1_WEP).

If you're adding support for 2860 h/w crypto then this is the least of your worries. The more difficult issue is how to deal with TKIP requiring phase1 be handled by the driver.

   Sam