Re: Anyone working on Intel 82575 GigE support?

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 03:48:00PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> So I was foolishly non-specific with my vendor when ordering our new
> webservers, and when they showed up today, they had onboard 82575 gigE
> controllers, which NetBSD doesn't support yet.
> Looking at FreeBSD, it looks like they've actually split out support for
> the 82575 and newer chips out of em into an "igb" driver.

They're completely incompatible.  So are the new Intel 10Gb chips -- but
the new 1Gb and 10Gb chips are compatible with *each other*.

Thor Lancelot Simon
 "My guess is that the minimal training typically provided would only
 have given the party in question multiple new and elaborate ways to do
 something incomprehensibly stupid and dangerous."      -Rich Goldstone