Re: ieee80211_proto.h

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 01:48:09PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> ieee80211_proto.h is probably not meant to be included from userspace.
> What are you trying to do?  There may be another way.

I am working on a small wireless sniffer (i.e. everything is passed directly
to userspace via bpf; no libpcap involved). One design solution was to
follow the generic ieee80211(4)-framework as closely as is possible.

It works very well for this purpose too and I can naturally roll my own
functions/macros, but given that I use ieee80211.h-structures, it feels
stupid to rewrite something that is already there.

So not a problem as such. Can you give any other hints about kernel-only
headers in this context?

- Jukka R.