Re: [patch] modular ifconfig

Jason Thorpe wrote:

On Jun 26, 2008, at 2:51 PM, David Young wrote:

I don't think I understand the use-case you have in mind.  Where does
the list come from?  If the list is static, why not link all of the
modules, always?

The modules live in directory, and you enumerate the directory looking, loading each one that's there.

I'd like to see this too...

I wonder if it makes sense to adapt netstat to this model?
Or one slightly more complex, that deals with both families
(-f inet) and protocols (-p tcp)?

I'd almost suggest that the family blob that is delivered contains
interfaces for both ifconfig and netstat, but that might be going
just a bit too far.

I don't think there are any other networking commands that
come to mind as benefitting from this style of backend?

Darren

Darren

Darren