Re: bridges, vlans, and xen, oh my!

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 06:18:16PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> Conceptually, what I want is a vlan interface that selects for untagged
> packets on input and does not add any tag on output (what my own 802.1q
> implementation calls VLAN_NONE, if that means anything to anyone).

I've been bugged by that in the past, too.  I wanted to allow the user
to do this:

ifconfig vlan0 vlan native vlan-if fxp0

And that would do what you expect to do.  Otherwise stuff can go wrong
when you mix an interface with an address, a bridge and vlans on that
interface.

It should actually be very easy to do, I just never got around taking
the time to do it.

Any taker?

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost