Re: ipfilter, return-icmp and RFC1122

>     o A packet destined to an IP broadcast or IP multicast address,

Unfortunately, this is unimplementable as written.

For example, a packet destined to 216.46.5.15 is "destined to an IP
broadcast ... address".  But how is anyone except me and my immediate
upstream supposed to know that?  Everyone else will perforce treat such
packets just like their non-broadcast relations addressed to, say,
216.46.5.14 - including ICMP generation.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost