[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
GSOC - 2008 - "create an in-kernal API for packet classes" project discussion
My name is Anish. I am glad to say that I was selected to work on the
project " Create an in-kernal API for packet classes" as part of
Google Summer of Code - 2008. My Mentor is Herb Peyerl and I am glad
too that my mentor is very passionate and is giving me great guidance.
Earlier I discussed some details of the project on this mailing list.
It is briefly as follows:
Goal: An API which enables
1) Drivers to register which classes of packets they identify
2) PF labels each packet with a token specifying packet class they
registered above ( It can't use pf tags as they are not recognized
3) ALTQ uses these tokens to direct them to appropriate queue.
I have some more questions regarding this . Please reply me :
1) How is sending of packets to a particular queue handled currently ?
( Is that funtionality there or not? ALTQ can recognize pf tags
right? So, ALTQ should be doing this and not drivers? )
2) All of this scenario makes sense only for outgoing packets. Is
there any case of incoming packets to be considered as part of this?
Main Index |
Thread Index |