ifconfig list scan on NetBSD 4

I've had an initial naive attempt at backporting the ifconfig list scan functionality to NetBSD 4 based on this commit:

It all compiles fine, but ifconfig ath0 list scan just returns immediately (no error). I've not looked any further into it yet, but I would like to know whether it should work with a bit of prodding or whether I'm wasting my time because of large changes elsewhere in net80211.