Re: Old thread: Re: Allowing large PPPoE frames

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:16:30AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I thought we added proper support to negotiate large MTUs, but (of course)
> leave the default at the standard mandadet value.
>
> If you change the mtu after creating the interface and the peer agrees
> with your value, it should just work.

Hmm... But the packets are getting dropped by the underlying ethernet
interface, and I don't particularly want to change its MTU to 1508
since I also run my LAN off that NIC.

My problem is that both ends are advertising and accepting a 1492
byte MRU, but the remote end is actually using 1500 byte MTU. Very
annoying.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke