Re: Converting between IPv4 and IPv6

> Something that I'm looking at now with IPFilter is converting IPv4
> headers into IPv6 headers and back again as part of its NAT
> functionality.  [...]

> Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

My thoughts are "that's *so* out of scope for anything in-kernel".

Seriously.  Trying to NAT between protocols, even protocols as similar
as IPv4 and IPv6, is a huge enough mess I wouldn't even try to touch
it.  As well try to "NAT" between Chaosnet and DECnet - it's really
something I think should be left to application-level gateways.

If this goes in, I trust there will be a comple option to remove the
resulting trichobezoar from the kernel.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost