Re: Issue with Ipv6 Link local address

At Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:21:20 +0530,
"Dutta Dwaip" <dwaipayand%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I am using some older verion of NetBSD code and landed up into a issue with
> TCP
> connect code when my destination address is Link local address.
> On investigation I found that in6_pcblookup_hash() called from
> tcp_input() fails and it sent RST back. The reason for failure is that
> foreign address of inpcb structure
> is not embedded with scope Id and therefore IN6_ARE_ADDR_EQUAL fails as
> the local and foreign address passed from ip6_input are embeddedd with scope
> id
> for Link local address.
>
> I am sure this must have been addressed in latest code of NetBSD, which I have
> failed to figure out . Can someone help me on this.

I don't have an environment to test the very latest code, but I'm
pretty sure that the problem you described doesn't exist in the
current by code inspection of netinet6/in6_pcb.c, rev 1.94.  I also
tried NetBSD 3.1 and didn't see the problem.  Could you be more
specific about with which version of the kernel you experienced it?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.