Re: MAC address issue

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 11:18:41AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> I'm actually needing this, because the per-Macaddr-limit in German
> Telekom's PPPoE routers is set to 1, and I'm using two providers
> simultaneously. I'm emulating this using bridge(4) and tap(4). I
> guess this is not desirable in the high performance case.

Me too - but how do the upper parts of the stack select the link addr
to use? I.e. when pppoe calls the if_output function to enqueue a packet
on hme0 instead of tap0 - how does it tell hme0 to use a secondary
link address?

We could create an interface clone (say "hme0:1"), and have that do it's
own ether_ifattach(), while still using the same hardware.

But then we are back to a single, changable lladdr per interface.

Martin