Re: DHCP client with minimal functionality and size

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 02:30:56PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> IMO this is a weak requirement anyway. It would be nice if it can get
> thte lease from the kernel at start time, but it shouldn't strictly be
> necessary.

Yeah, and even that is not realy needed, as the server will usually just
reassign it.

> > 2) It does not interact with WLAN keys in any way or form (and shouldn't
> > either imo)
>
> It should only be able to deal with link changes.

I'm not sure what is the best way to plug all things needed together here,
and there certainly are multiple solutions. I think the way ISC dhclient
allows this mostly fits to static ifconfig nwkeys, and with wpa/psk
things would get messy anyway.

With wpa_supplicant running in parallel it is indeed enough to have the dhcp
client react on link changes.

Martin