Re: CRC errors with gem(4)

> If I understand you correctly, the implication here is that the
> bytes are being transmitted corrupt.

> At what packet rate (pps) do you start to see problems?

Sending 10 16k UDP frames with ttcp shows up the problem, so this at most

> Is hardware checksum enabled?
> If so, does disabling it improve matters?

No.  No.  The card doesn't really support UDP checksums, so I've disabled it.

> Are there any comments/workarounds in opensolaris code
> for a problem that resembles this?

Unfortunately not.

One thing I tried was to increase the size of the TX descriptor ring.  This
made the problem disappear for 10 frames, but it's still there at 100 frames.

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin        /